Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Hidden Secrets, and John Schneider's Testimony
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- About Me
- Theological Influences: The Churches of Christ — Experimental Theology
- Quiz Show: Bible Contradictions! — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: Atoning for Betrayal
- Was the American Civil War About Slavery?
- The Devil’s Redemption — Triablogue
- Book Review: The War That Made America
- Evangelical Reflections on Seventh-day Adventism: Yesterday and Today, Part 3 (of 3)
- Evangelical Reflections on Seventh-day Adventism: Yesterday and Today, Part 2 (of 3)
- Evangelical Reflections on Seventh-day Adventism: Yesterday and Today, Part 1 (of 3)
Tag Archives: Church
At church this morning, the pastor preached about Mark 1:9-15. Allow me to post this passage in the King James Version (which is in the public domain): 9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from … Continue reading
I watched the 2011 movie Higher Ground a few nights ago. Higher Ground is about a woman named Corinne, who converts to fundamentalist Christianity and later leaves that belief system. Vera Farmiga starred in and directed the film. Here are … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor was preaching about a story in Luke 7, in which Jesus raises from the dead a widow’s only son, who died at a young age. This story has troubled me somewhat. V 13 says … Continue reading
At church this morning, I enjoyed reading the lyrics of the hymn, “I Come with Joy”, which we sang for communion. Here are two stanzas that particularly stood out to me, along with my comments. “As Christ breaks bread and … Continue reading
Hebrews 10:23-25 states (in the King James Version): “Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking … Continue reading