October 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- N.T. Wright on the Virgin Birth
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Tucker's 5/17/2022 Monologue
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- A Wind in the Door
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Tag Archives: Church
At church this morning, the pastor preached about Mark 1:9-15. Allow me to post this passage in the King James Version (which is in the public domain): 9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from … Continue reading
I watched the 2011 movie Higher Ground a few nights ago. Higher Ground is about a woman named Corinne, who converts to fundamentalist Christianity and later leaves that belief system. Vera Farmiga starred in and directed the film. Here are … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor was preaching about a story in Luke 7, in which Jesus raises from the dead a widow’s only son, who died at a young age. This story has troubled me somewhat. V 13 says … Continue reading
At church this morning, I enjoyed reading the lyrics of the hymn, “I Come with Joy”, which we sang for communion. Here are two stanzas that particularly stood out to me, along with my comments. “As Christ breaks bread and … Continue reading
Hebrews 10:23-25 states (in the King James Version): “Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking … Continue reading
For its Bible study, my church is going through John’s Gospel: Wisdom from Ephesus, with Michael Card. Yesterday, we were discussing the part of John 1 in which two of John the Baptist’s disciples follow Jesus. Jesus asked them what … Continue reading
We had a baptism at church this morning. Three things stood out to me. 1. The pastor was pointing out that there are differences between Jesus’ baptism and the baptism that was about to take place. Jesus was an adult … Continue reading
I was watching Bill Maher’s Religulous recently, and one part of the documentary that stood out to me was when a televangelist was telling his television audience that he knew people on welfare who had committed to give his ministry … Continue reading