Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Were the Pastoral Epistles Responding to the "Acts of Paul and Thecla"?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Two More Ideas on the Identity of Zechariah in Matthew 23:35
- Gabe Dimas and C.S. Lewis
- About Me
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
- Plague and providence — Triablogue
- Federalist: It’s Not The Federal Government’s Fault New York Doesn’t Have More Ventilators, It’s Andrew Cuomo’s
Daily Archives: September 18, 2011
I just read Elizabeth Esther’s post, Apologizing to my gay neighbors, which is about her apologizing to her gay neighbors for her vocal support for Proposition 8 in California, which was anti-gay marriage. I have never studied the history of … Continue reading
I want to share a comment that I made on another forum. It did not get any “likes” or acknowledgment, and, since (unfortunately) my idol is approval by human beings (or at least being visible to them), I am in … Continue reading
I watched the 2004 movie Crash last night, and, earlier this week, I watched the 1999 movie Magnolia. Both movies try to focus on coincidences and how people are supposedly interconnected. I think that what the movies want us to … Continue reading
I’ll be going to my church’s Bible study group this coming Wednesday. It’s a six-week program, and we will be going through Tim Keller’s The Prodigal God, which is about Jesus’ parable about the prodigal son. I was rather nervous … Continue reading
I started The Cambridge History of Judaism, Volume Three: The Early Roman Period. I have three items from Margaret Williams’ essay in the book, “The contribution of Jewish inscriptions to the study of Judaism”. 1. On page 82, Williams argues … Continue reading