Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Roman Centurion
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan"
- Amos 6:10
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- Martha, the Light, and Exodus Old and New
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
Daily Archives: September 18, 2011
I just read Elizabeth Esther’s post, Apologizing to my gay neighbors, which is about her apologizing to her gay neighbors for her vocal support for Proposition 8 in California, which was anti-gay marriage. I have never studied the history of … Continue reading
I want to share a comment that I made on another forum. It did not get any “likes” or acknowledgment, and, since (unfortunately) my idol is approval by human beings (or at least being visible to them), I am in … Continue reading
I watched the 2004 movie Crash last night, and, earlier this week, I watched the 1999 movie Magnolia. Both movies try to focus on coincidences and how people are supposedly interconnected. I think that what the movies want us to … Continue reading
I’ll be going to my church’s Bible study group this coming Wednesday. It’s a six-week program, and we will be going through Tim Keller’s The Prodigal God, which is about Jesus’ parable about the prodigal son. I was rather nervous … Continue reading
I started The Cambridge History of Judaism, Volume Three: The Early Roman Period. I have three items from Margaret Williams’ essay in the book, “The contribution of Jewish inscriptions to the study of Judaism”. 1. On page 82, Williams argues … Continue reading