Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Nugget Christianity; Right, Yet Sinful
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Victor French and Ned Beatty on the Waltons
- Andy Griffith Show: "Runaway Kid," and Moral Questions
- Conservatism and Distributism
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- The Alleged 1544 Copy Error
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
- Anxious for Nothing, Buchanan’s The Greatest Comeback, with a Goebbels Tangent
Daily Archives: September 11, 2011
I started Louis E. Newman’s The Sanctity of the Seventh Year: A Study of Mishnah Tractate Shebiit. The Mishnah tractate Shebiit concerns the land Sabbath (Leviticus 25:1-7’s prohibition on sowing the land and pruning the vineyard every seventh year), and … Continue reading
Something that I like about Stephen King’s IT—and this was true when I read the book ten years ago, and also when I read it this past couple of months—is Mike Hanlon’s exploration of the history of Derry, Maine. Mike … Continue reading
At church this morning, I appreciated the Prayer of Remembrance, which concerned 9/11: “Remember, O God, those who suffer the loss of loved ones… “Remember all who have died in the conflict with terrorism… “Remember those who are still filled … Continue reading