Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Roman Centurion
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan"
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- Amos 6:10
- Martha, the Light, and Exodus Old and New
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
Daily Archives: September 23, 2011
Last night, I read Chapter 27 of Stephen King’s The Stand: The Complete and Uncut Edition. One of the topics in that chapter was Larry Underwood’s love life. Larry met a lady named Yvonne at a movie theater, when he … Continue reading
Yesterday, in my church’s Bible study on Tim Keller’s The Prodigal God, we heard Tim Keller (on DVD) talk about how God delivers us, not just from our sins, but also from our motivations for righteousness—which can alienate us from … Continue reading
I’m continuing my series on responses that I got to my post, Ideas in Christianity Putting Some People’s Minds in a Tailspin!. I said the following: “I’ve heard different people who get their heads in a spin as they try … Continue reading
For my write-up today on The Cambridge History of Judaism, Volume Three: The Early Roman Period, I have three items: 1. Did the Sadducees accept only the Pentateuch, while rejecting the Prophets? Gunter Stemberger, on page 436 of his essay, … Continue reading