Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Shaman? Savior? Myth? Inkblot? --- Why Christianity's Main Man Remains So Elusive
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: September 23, 2011
Larry, Alex, and Relationships
Last night, I read Chapter 27 of Stephen King’s The Stand: The Complete and Uncut Edition. One of the topics in that chapter was Larry Underwood’s love life. Larry met a lady named Yvonne at a movie theater, when he … Continue reading
Posted in Dating, Stephen King, Television Comments Off on Larry, Alex, and Relationships
Making Perfection the Enemy of the Good?
Yesterday, in my church’s Bible study on Tim Keller’s The Prodigal God, we heard Tim Keller (on DVD) talk about how God delivers us, not just from our sins, but also from our motivations for righteousness—which can alienate us from … Continue reading
Hell and The Encounter
I’m continuing my series on responses that I got to my post, Ideas in Christianity Putting Some People’s Minds in a Tailspin!. I said the following: “I’ve heard different people who get their heads in a spin as they try … Continue reading
The Sadducean Bible, Jesus on Hating Parents, Baptism
For my write-up today on The Cambridge History of Judaism, Volume Three: The Early Roman Period, I have three items: 1. Did the Sadducees accept only the Pentateuch, while rejecting the Prophets? Gunter Stemberger, on page 436 of his essay, … Continue reading
Chaos in Chapter 26 of The Stand
In my reading last night of Stephen King’s The Stand: The Complete and Uncut Edition, I read Chapter 26, which was about the U.S. military’s attempt to prevent panic, or an out-and-out rebellion. This chapter said explicitly what was implied … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Religion, Stephen King Comments Off on Chaos in Chapter 26 of The Stand