Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Beale's Amillennialism Contra N.T. Wright
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Ezekiel 28:16: Satan? Adam? Who?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Genesis 3:22: Man Was Like One of Us
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Daily Archives: September 30, 2011
For my write-up today on Stephen King’s The Stand: The Complete and Uncut Edition, I’ll revise somewhat my impression of Harold Lauder. In my post here, I said that my impression of Harold as he appears in the book was … Continue reading
I finished The Cambridge History of Judaism, Volume Three: The Early Roman Period. I particularly liked J. Gwyn Griffiths’ essay, “The legacy of Egypt in Judaism”. Griffiths asks: Why should we assume that Jews absorbed such ideas as post-mortem judgment … Continue reading