Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Death Penalty
- Chaos in Chapter 26 of The Stand
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Daily Archives: September 3, 2011
On page 272 of Stephen King’s IT, we read the following about Mike Hanlon’s childhood: “It was not all school and chores, chores and school; Will Hanlon had told his wife more than once that a boy needed time to … Continue reading
The AP has a story today, “Libyan Intelligence Documents Show Ties to CIA”. Essentially, it’s about how the CIA sent terror suspects to Gadhafi’s Libya for questioning. These intelligence services in Libya were reportedly abusive. Over the course of my … Continue reading
For my weekly quiet time this week, I will blog about Psalm 40 and its interpreters. I have two items for today: 1. Peter Craigie says that the Psalmist in Psalm 40 is on good terms with God, and yet … Continue reading
On page 930 of Stephen King’s IT, Beverly tells Bill that she loathes herself for having spent so many years with her abusive husband, and Bill responds (while stuttering): “Everybody g-g-goofs it. But it’s not an eh-eh-exam. You just go … Continue reading
I’m continuing my way through Paul Hanson’s Dawn of Apocalyptic. In my reading today, Hanson was talking about foreign nations in passages of Second Zechariah (Zechariah 9-14). God in Zechariah 9:1-8 sweeps through the nations and takes possession of them. … Continue reading