Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Roman Centurion
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan"
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- Amos 6:10
- Martha, the Light, and Exodus Old and New
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
Daily Archives: September 3, 2011
On page 272 of Stephen King’s IT, we read the following about Mike Hanlon’s childhood: “It was not all school and chores, chores and school; Will Hanlon had told his wife more than once that a boy needed time to … Continue reading
The AP has a story today, “Libyan Intelligence Documents Show Ties to CIA”. Essentially, it’s about how the CIA sent terror suspects to Gadhafi’s Libya for questioning. These intelligence services in Libya were reportedly abusive. Over the course of my … Continue reading
For my weekly quiet time this week, I will blog about Psalm 40 and its interpreters. I have two items for today: 1. Peter Craigie says that the Psalmist in Psalm 40 is on good terms with God, and yet … Continue reading
On page 930 of Stephen King’s IT, Beverly tells Bill that she loathes herself for having spent so many years with her abusive husband, and Bill responds (while stuttering): “Everybody g-g-goofs it. But it’s not an eh-eh-exam. You just go … Continue reading
I’m continuing my way through Paul Hanson’s Dawn of Apocalyptic. In my reading today, Hanson was talking about foreign nations in passages of Second Zechariah (Zechariah 9-14). God in Zechariah 9:1-8 sweeps through the nations and takes possession of them. … Continue reading