Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- The Death Penalty
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Daily Archives: September 8, 2011
I started David Weiss Halivni’s Peshat and Derash: Plain and Applied Meaning in Rabbinic Exegesis. Peshat and Derash are two methods of rabbinic exegesis, and medieval exegetes practiced their own form of peshat. On page 128, Halivni defines “peshat” as … Continue reading
There is a contradiction in Stephen King’s IT! And I’m not talking about some of the things that I’ve considered to be tensions—such as IT interacting with adults throughout Derry’s history, yet focusing his energies on scaring and eating children … Continue reading