Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Oniads Vs. Hasmoneans
- Soulen-clearing the way for a better story
- Victor French and Ned Beatty on the Waltons
- Carson on the Aorist, the Middle, Granville Sharp, and Colwell's Rule
- Witherington on the Rapture, the Man of Sin, and I Corinthians 15
- The Death Penalty
- Book Write-Up: Authentic Human Sexuality, 3rd Edition
- Church Write-Up: Not Ashamed, Shalom Is Positive (and Thus Negative), the Sower’s Seed
- Media Distortions on “Vehicle Attacks” at Protests
- Review: Wait With Me — Bob on Books
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly’s Favorite Speeches
- Booknotes: Puritans, Brown on LGBTQ Movement, Laura Ingraham
- Book Write-Up: Mindszenty the Man, The Conservative Case for Trump (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Current Events Write-Up: Conservative Diversity on Human Depravity, Roberts Abortion Decision, Trump’s One-Sided China Trade Deal, Revolt, The Right to Bear Cannons, Environmentalist Infighting, Korea
- Church Write-Up: Does God Find Us Attractive?
- Book Write-Up: The Death of the West, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Book Write-Up: The Story Retold, by G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd
Daily Archives: September 8, 2011
I started David Weiss Halivni’s Peshat and Derash: Plain and Applied Meaning in Rabbinic Exegesis. Peshat and Derash are two methods of rabbinic exegesis, and medieval exegetes practiced their own form of peshat. On page 128, Halivni defines “peshat” as … Continue reading
There is a contradiction in Stephen King’s IT! And I’m not talking about some of the things that I’ve considered to be tensions—such as IT interacting with adults throughout Derry’s history, yet focusing his energies on scaring and eating children … Continue reading