Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Shaman? Savior? Myth? Inkblot? --- Why Christianity's Main Man Remains So Elusive
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: September 27, 2011
Recovering from Wisdom Teeth Operation
Over the next few days, I’ll be recovering from having had three of my wisdom teeth pulled, so, if I don’t get to your comments during that time, it’s not because I’m being stuck up. I’ll probably still be writing … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Recovering from Wisdom Teeth Operation
Dealing with the Past and the Present
I have two items for today’s write-up of Stephen King’s The Stand: The Complete and Uncut Edition: 1. In Chapter 34, we’re introduced to Donald Merwin Elbert, also known as the “Trashcan Man”. The Trashcan Man is a pyromaniac, and … Continue reading
Posted in Stephen King Comments Off on Dealing with the Past and the Present
Josephus and James, the Brother of Jesus
For my write-up today of Cambridge History of Judaism, Volume Three: The Early Roman Period, I’ll talk about some things from page 770 of J. Carleton Paget’s essay on “Jewish Christianity”. Paget refers to Josephus’ Antiquities 20:197-203. This passage is … Continue reading