Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- How “Case for Christ” Author Lee Strobel Fabricated His Best-Selling Story—An Interview with Religion Critic David Fitzgerald
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Eusebius and Arianism
- Josephus on Signs; Giants from the Abyss
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
Daily Archives: September 17, 2011
I have two items for my write-up today on Stephen King’s The Stand: The Complete and Uncut Edition: 1. Larry Underwood (see here) has come home to his Mom because he has a lot of debts, even though he has … Continue reading
For my weekly quiet time this week, I will blog about Psalm 42 and its interpreters. The Psalmist longs for God, as a deer pants for water. But, instead, the Psalmist drinks tears, as his enemies derisively ask him where … Continue reading
I finished Tikva Frymer-Kensky’s In the Wake of the Goddesses: Women, Culture, and the Biblical Transformation of Pagan Myth. In my reading today, Frymer-Kensky argued against the notion that the Canaanites and the Israelites had cult prostitutes. She says that … Continue reading