Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- About Me
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: September 20, 2011
Ideas in Christianity Putting Some People’s Minds in a Tailspin!
In this post, I will draw from something that I read online, the Christian movie that I watched yesterday (Hidden Secrets), and some other things that I have heard. The topic is how certain Christian ideas can be managed well … Continue reading
I talked here about the Bible study group that I will be attending at my church, which will be going through Tim Keller’s The Prodigal God. I said that I was initially afraid of going, but now I’m not because … Continue reading
Hidden Secrets, and John Schneider’s Testimony
I watched a Christian movie today, which (like most Christian movies) was cheesy, but I actually enjoyed it. It was Hidden Secrets, which was released in 2006. It’s about a group of people who gather at the funeral of a … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Movies, Religion, Smallville, Stephen King, Television Comments Off on Hidden Secrets, and John Schneider’s Testimony
Loose or Strict Interpretation?
For my write-up today of The Cambridge History of Judaism, Volume Three: The Early Roman Period, I will discuss an item on pages 195-197, which is in Morton Smith’s “The Gentiles in Judaism 125 BCE-CE 66”. Deuteronomy 20:10-17 commands the … Continue reading
Chapter 18 of The Stand, and also the Ruby Ridge Movie
For my write-up today of Stephen King’s The Stand: The Complete and Uncut Edition, I’ll talk about three items from Chapter 18, which is about Nick Andros, a deaf mute who is beaten up by bullies in a rural southern … Continue reading
Posted in Stephen King, Television Comments Off on Chapter 18 of The Stand, and also the Ruby Ridge Movie