Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Joshua 4:9: The Underwater Memorial
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- Josephus and James, the Brother of Jesus
- David Marshall: Christ in the Rig Veda?
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
Monthly Archives: January 2016
The sermon at church this morning was about Luke 4:16-30. Jesus is at the synagogue in Nazareth, the town in which he was raised. Jesus reads to the synagogue from Isaiah 61:1-2: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, … Continue reading
Eugene H. Merrill. A Commentary on 1 & 2 Chronicles. Grand Rapids: Kregel Academic, 2015. See here to purchase the book. Eugene H. Merrill is professor emeritus of Old Testament studies at Dallas Theological Seminary. He has degrees from Bob … Continue reading
Cindy Williams. The Pounamu Prophecy: A Sweeping Story of Love, Betrayal and Hope. Rhiza Press, 2015. See here to buy the book. The Pounamu Prophecy is set in Australia and New Zealand. Actually, this book was published in Australia, and … Continue reading
Originally posted on Theologians, Inc.:
In her contribution to ‘Theological Theology: Essays in Honour of John Webster‘, ‘The Sinlessness of Christ’, Katherine Sonderegger looks at a variety of ways of thinking about the doctrine non posse peccare. In its own right…
Originally posted on Septuaginta &c.:
Sometimes I forget where books come from. But recently I received a book that I must have requested somewhere along the way – G. Scott Gleaves, Did Jesus Speak Greek? The Emerging Evidence of Greek…
D. Jeffrey Bingham and Glenn R. Kreider. Dispensationalism and the History of Redemption: A Developing and Diverse Tradition. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2015. See here to buy the book. Dispensationalism and the History of Redemption contains essays by ten scholars about … Continue reading
Originally posted on All Things are Yours:
I wrote this a long time ago in response to a discussion that was going on in a community of Christians I was walking with. It’s a response to a view of “spirit…
Ronald L. Dart recently died. Dart was a minister in the Worldwide Church of God (WCG). When Garner Ted Armstrong left the WCG and founded the Church of God International (CGI), Dart became a minister at the CGI. Later, Dart … Continue reading
Patterns of Evidence is a 2015 documentary arguing that the biblical Exodus happened in history. On the blog, Debunking Christianity, biblical scholar Hector Avalos extensively critiques the documentary. I am sharing this for the information that Avalos presents. http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.com/2016/01/patterns-of-poor-research-critique-of.html