Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Music in The Stand
- Clarifying Von Rad and Noth
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- God's Not Dead: Josh's Risk, and Professor Radisson's Conversion
- Can We Over-Emphasize God's Love?
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- Martha, the Light, and Exodus Old and New
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
Monthly Archives: December 2015
I write a lot on this blog about forgiveness and unforgiveness. A lot of the posts say basically the same thing: God is unfair and unloving to condition his forgiveness of me on my forgiveness of others; I am only … Continue reading
Susan Van Volkenburgh. The Stone of Ebenezer. Bloomington: Westbow Press, 2015. See here to buy the book. The Stone of Ebenezer is a novelization of the biblical story in I Samuel 4-7. In that story, Israel’s priesthood is corrupt, and … Continue reading
This year’s stats were higher than last year’s! There were times when I doubted that this would happen. Here’s the report: https://jamesbradfordpate.wordpress.com/2015/annual-report/
I was reading a comment about a debate this morning. The debate was between biblical scholars Douglas Moo and Douglas Campbell. It was about the definition of Pauline justification. I have not watched the debate yet. The commenter, though, was … Continue reading
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
The Incredible Unlikeliness of Being, Alice Roberts. New York: Heron Books, 2014. Summary: An evolutionary account of human embryological development from even before conception through birth and of human anatomy and its evolutionary antecedents.…
Warren Austin Gage and Leah Grace Gage. Milestones to Emmaus: The Third Day Resurrection in the Old Testament. Fort Lauderdale: St. Andrews House, 2015. See here to buy the book. The title of this book alludes to a story in … Continue reading
Originally posted on TheoThoughts:
I’ve been a Christian for a long time. I came to faith in Christ my freshman year in college, 1982. I was pretty pumped up initially. I read the Bible like crazy, rarely missed church, bible…
Book Review (part 15: The Oral Jesus Traditions within the Second Century CE) – ‘Neither Jew nor Greek’ by James D.G. Dunn
Originally posted on The Dustin Martyr Blog:
In this fifteenth post regarding my recap/review of James Dunn’s volume Neither Jew nor Greek I will attempt to summarize his 100+ page (!) research regarding how the second century Christians sources handled the oral…