Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- The Death Penalty
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- I Watched Gandhi Last Night
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Monthly Archives: December 2015
I write a lot on this blog about forgiveness and unforgiveness. A lot of the posts say basically the same thing: God is unfair and unloving to condition his forgiveness of me on my forgiveness of others; I am only … Continue reading
Susan Van Volkenburgh. The Stone of Ebenezer. Bloomington: Westbow Press, 2015. See here to buy the book. The Stone of Ebenezer is a novelization of the biblical story in I Samuel 4-7. In that story, Israel’s priesthood is corrupt, and … Continue reading
This year’s stats were higher than last year’s! There were times when I doubted that this would happen. Here’s the report: https://jamesbradfordpate.wordpress.com/2015/annual-report/
I was reading a comment about a debate this morning. The debate was between biblical scholars Douglas Moo and Douglas Campbell. It was about the definition of Pauline justification. I have not watched the debate yet. The commenter, though, was … Continue reading
Originally posted on the way?:
I concluded my previous post on DNA and evolution with this comment: “DNA is fundamental to all life. As christians we can see it as part of the way God has set up the universe.…
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
The Incredible Unlikeliness of Being, Alice Roberts. New York: Heron Books, 2014. Summary: An evolutionary account of human embryological development from even before conception through birth and of human anatomy and its evolutionary antecedents.…