Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- James D.L. Staunton, Relationships, Talents
- Manichaeanism vs. "Fallen Goodness"
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Gabe Dimas and C.S. Lewis
- Book Write-Up: The Unseen Realm, by Michael S. Heiser
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Current Events Write-Up: Oil Wars; Pro-WHO and Anti-Taiwan Articles; Unfair Criticisms of Conservative Christians; Wisconsin Voter Suppression...by Democrats!
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 23:6 and Psalm 40
- Booknotes: In Trump We Trust, Resistance Is Futile, Godless (Ann Coulter)
- Current Events Write-Up: Deficit Non-Disaster; Unafraid Phyllis; Norma McCorvey; Trump’s New Press Secretary
- Book Write-Up: The Facts about Communism and Our Churches, by Billy James Hargis
- Current Events Write-Up: Solutions, Public Transit, Ahmaud Arbery, Safe Haven, Foreign Aid, Mrs. America
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 41 and 23:5a
- “Ask China” — Triablogue
- Book Write-Up: Martin Dies’ Story, by Martin Dies
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 51; Rod and Staff
Category Archives: Exodus
Exodus 22:2-3 posits a situation in which a thief is breaking into somebody’s home: 2 If a thief is found breaking in, and is beaten to death, no bloodguilt is incurred; 3 but if it happens after sunrise, bloodguilt is … Continue reading
Patterns of Evidence is a 2015 documentary arguing that the biblical Exodus happened in history. On the blog, Debunking Christianity, biblical scholar Hector Avalos extensively critiques the documentary. I am sharing this for the information that Avalos presents. http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.com/2016/01/patterns-of-poor-research-critique-of.html
This morning, I was researching some of the claims that were made in the 2015 documentary, Patterns of Evidence, which argues that the biblical Exodus occurred during the time of Egypt’s Middle Kingdom. I would like to talk about two … Continue reading
I recently watched the 2015 documentary, Patterns of Evidence, which is about the historicity of the biblical Exodus. See here for the trailer. You can watch the movie on Netflix. Before I offer some thoughts about the documentary, I would … Continue reading
For its Bible study, my church is going through The Unbreakable Promise: God’s Covenants with Abraham, Moses, and David with Michael Rydelnik. In our latest session, Michael Rydelnik made some interesting points on the DVD. Essentially, Michael Rydelnik speculated that … Continue reading
In this post, I’ll use as my starting-point Deuteronomy 22:1-4, which I will quote in the King James Version: “(1.)Thou shalt not see thy brother’s ox or his sheep go astray, and hide thyself from them: thou shalt in any … Continue reading