Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Book Write-Up: A Light to My Path, by Lynn Austin
- Ehud: Reluctant Zealot or Idolater?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Movie Write-Up: God's Not Dead 2
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Book Write-Up: The Counselor, by A.W. Tozer
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: January 15, 2016
Week 1 of My Church’s Life Group: I Will
I went to my church’s Life Group yesterday. I probably will not blog on days that I attend my church’s Life Group. I didn’t blog yesterday! And I enjoyed the break from blogging. The meeting actually went by pretty quickly, … Continue reading
A Social Experiment: To Know We’re Not Alone.
Originally posted on J.S. Park: Hospital Chaplain, Skeptical Christian:
Photo by Evelin Herbstreit I’ve recently been asking questions on social media to know we are not alone. So far, I’ve received over four-hundred responses from Facebook and Tumblr, privately…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on A Social Experiment: To Know We’re Not Alone.
On the Passing of Alan Rickman and the Adaptation of Books to Film
Originally posted on Letters from the Edge of Elfland:
David Russell Mosley ? Epiphanytide 14 January 2016 The Edge of Elfland Hudson, New Hampshire Dear Friends and Family, As many of you have already heard or read, Alan Rickman, an…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on On the Passing of Alan Rickman and the Adaptation of Books to Film
Pure Forms, the Giant Jesus, and Chris Keith on Social Memory
Originally posted on Remnant of Giants:
Harry Anderson, “Prince of Peace” In the 1980s-1990s, Dominic Crossan, Helmut Koester, and Arthur Dewey argued that a version of the Gospel of Peter predates Mark, Matthew, Luke, and John. They also argued that…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Pure Forms, the Giant Jesus, and Chris Keith on Social Memory
Early Christianity: A “Bookish” Religion
Originally posted on Larry Hurtado's Blog:
I’ve been asked to give main points from my Peter Craigie Memorial Lecture given earlier this week in the University of Calgary. My lecture gives the gist of one of the chapters in…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Early Christianity: A “Bookish” Religion