Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Movie Summary: A Matter of Faith
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Beale's Amillennialism Contra N.T. Wright
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Ezekiel 28:16: Satan? Adam? Who?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Monthly Archives: February 2016
Amy Clipston. The Forgotten Recipe: An Amish Heirloom Novel. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2015. See here to buy the book. I read Amy Clipston’s A Simple Prayer in July (see my review here). I liked it. Although the story was not … Continue reading
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
I have interacted with theology as a preacher and someone involved in Christian thought, but I think more like a historian. As I often say, theology makes my head hurt. So when I come to this…
I have three items for my write-up on this morning’s church service. The first items two relate to things I have recently watched and read. A. In the children’s part of the service, the pastor was continuing his series on … Continue reading
Last week, my church’s Life Group had its last meeting, for the winter, that is. One of the leaders of the group was sharing why she is so involved in the church. She said that she is giving back. There … Continue reading
Tim McConnell. Happy Church: Pursuing Radical Joy as the People of God. Downers Grove: IVP Books, 2016. See here to buy the book. Happy Church is about how God wants the church and the Christians in it to be happy. … Continue reading
Chris Rader and Johnnie Coley. Yes, Dear, There Really Is a Devil. Concept Sketch Design by Erin McKay. Illustrations by Sonny Heston. Cleburne, Texas: Hopkins Publishing, 2015. See here to buy the book. Yes, Dear, There Really Is a Devil … Continue reading
Originally posted on International Liberty:
I try to avoid certain issues because they’re simply not that interesting. And I figure if they bore me – even though I’m a policy wonk, then they probably would be even more painful for…
Janet Marie Napper and Brenda Branson. Overcoming Abuse God’s Way: Rags to Riches. Bloomington: WestBow Press, 2012. See here to buy the book. This book is Janet Marie Napper’s testimony and reflections about her experiences with abuse, and how her … Continue reading