March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Another First
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: armstrongism
Posts I Wrote Engaging Ron Dart’s Thought
Ronald L. Dart recently died. Dart was a minister in the Worldwide Church of God (WCG). When Garner Ted Armstrong left the WCG and founded the Church of God International (CGI), Dart became a minister at the CGI. Later, Dart … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Deaths, Religion Tagged armstrongism, Born to Win, Ronald L. Dart Comments Off on Posts I Wrote Engaging Ron Dart’s Thought
Justification: Does God Kid Himself?
In the December 8 daily devotion in My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers says: “God is justified in saving bad men only as he makes them good. Our Lord does not pretend we are all right when we are … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Religion Tagged armstrongism, cult watchers, justification, justification by faith, My Utmost for His Highest, oswald chambers, positional righteousness, Religion, repentance and faith, Robert L. Sumner, theology, worldwide church of god Comments Off on Justification: Does God Kid Himself?
The Purpose of Holiness and Morality
The December 2 entry for Oswald Chambers’ My Utmost for His Highest stood out to me when I read it, particularly one line: Chambers’ statement that “The emphasis of holiness movements is apt to be that God is producing specimens … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Lost, Religion, Television Tagged armstrongism, cold place, holiness movements, Lion King, millennium, My Utmost for His Highest, new heavens and the new earth, orderly world, oswald chambers, oswald chambers my utmost, Religion, theology Comments Off on The Purpose of Holiness and Morality
Frank Moore Cross
I recently learned that Frank Moore Cross has passed on. Cross was a renowned scholar in the Hebrew Bible and ancient Near Eastern languages. I blogged through one of his books, Canaanite Myth and Hebrew Epic. To read my posts … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Deaths, Life, Religion, School Tagged armstrongism, Calvinism, Canaanite Myth and Hebrew Epic, eastern languages, Frank Moore Cross, hebrew bible, james tabor, Maximalism, Religion, religious tradition, renowned scholar, Rob Peter to Pay Paul, Sea of Reeds, Supernaturalism, theology Comments Off on Frank Moore Cross