Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Victor French and Ned Beatty on the Waltons
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- John and Realized Eschatology
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Personal Self-Righteousness or National Privilege?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
- “The Tulsa Libel”
- Book Write-Up: Jeremiah, by Derek Kidner
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
- Book Write-Up: In the Footsteps of Faith, by John F. MacArthur
- Defiant Tucker Defends His Discussion Of Demographic Change, Exposes ADL Hypocrisy
- Book Write-Up: The Problem of the Old Testament, by Duane A. Garrett
- Asia Times: Life After Death for the Neoconservatives
Tag Archives: dispensationalism
Herbert W. Bateman IV, General Editor. Three Central Issues in Contemporary Dispensationalism: A Comparison of Traditional and Progressive Views. Grand Rapids: Kregel, 1999. See here to buy the book. I have been interested in dispensationalism lately, so I typed “dispensationalism” … Continue reading
Cornelius R. Stam. Things That Differ: The Fundamentals of Dispensationalism. Germantown, WI: Berean Bible Society, 1985. See here to buy the book. A lady lent me this book over ten years ago, when I visited a dispensationalist Bible study. I … Continue reading
Vern Sheridan Poythress. Understanding Dispensationalists. 1986. Here is the version of the book that I will be engaging. Understanding Dispensationalists is Vern Poythress’ critique of dispensationalism. Not long ago, I blogged about a pro-dispensationalist book released by Moody Press in … Continue reading
Michael Horton. God of Promise: Introducing Covenant Theology. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2006. I decided to check this book out of the library after reading a book about dispensationalism. Dispensationalism and Covenant Theology are rival ways of conceptualizing God’s purposes in … Continue reading
D. Jeffrey Bingham and Glenn R. Kreider. Dispensationalism and the History of Redemption: A Developing and Diverse Tradition. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2015. See here to buy the book. Dispensationalism and the History of Redemption contains essays by ten scholars about … Continue reading