Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Ehud: Reluctant Zealot or Idolater?
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Authorial Third Person Narration–in Thucydides, Josephus, Xenophon, and Caesar–Versus the Gospel of Matthew — Κέλσος
- Ha-Olam in the Heart
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Is God Fair in the Book of Job?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: January 1, 2016
Scattered Ramblings on New Year’s Day
Many people see New Year’s Day as a time of hope and new beginnings. We may have had a bad year, and we hope for a better one. Or we may simply hope for a better year, even if the … Continue reading
Biblical Studies Carnival – December 2015
Welcome to the December 2015 Biblical Studies Carnival! I hope everyone’s had a great holiday season. If you’re reading this on January 1, then your new year is off to a great start! As is typical of December, the biblioblogdom…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Biblical Studies Carnival – December 2015
Book Review – Christ Among the Messiahs (Matthew Novenson)
Matthew W. Novenson. Christ Among the Messiahs: Christ Language in Paul and Messiah Language in Ancient Judaism. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press, 2012 (paperback 2015). 256 pp. $35.00. Christ Among the Messiahs is a revision of Novenson’s dissertation at Princeton Theological…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Book Review – Christ Among the Messiahs (Matthew Novenson)
Review of Craig Keener, “Miracles,” Continued: Why Is There a Greater Frequency of Miracles in the Gospels than in Greco-Roman Biographies and Historiography?
Originally posted on Κέλσος:
As we close the year 2015, I will be writing the third installment of my review of Craig Keener’s Miracles: The Credibility of the New Testament Accounts here on Κέλσος. After this part I will also probably take a break…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Review of Craig Keener, “Miracles,” Continued: Why Is There a Greater Frequency of Miracles in the Gospels than in Greco-Roman Biographies and Historiography?