Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- John and Realized Eschatology
- "Two Thousand Miles for a Five Minute Speech"
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Death Penalty
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Reactions to Sybil (2008)
- James D.L. Staunton, Relationships, Talents
- Church Write-Up: Midnight, Transformed, New Colossians Class
- Book Write-Up: Free to Choose, by Milton and Rose Friedman
- Book Write-Up: The Devil’s Chessboard, by David Talbot
- The Federalist: Georgia Confirms The Pre-Trump GOP Is Dead And Gone
- The Federalist: How The Free Market Can Protect And Preserve The Environment
- Christmas Services; Abuse of Power; The Real Extremists, the Far Left, by Billy James Hargis
- Jesus and the Jordan, Jesus the Nazarene, God’s Choice, Spiritual Practices of Jesus, Where the Right Went Wrong (Patrick J. Buchanan)
- Genesis 22; The Learning Cycle; A Republic, Not an Empire, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Jesus’s Theological Genealogies, Original Sin and the Fall, Enhancing Christian Life
- Why Unthankful?; the Vine Creates a Community; Romans 15-16; How to Read Daniel
Daily Archives: August 10, 2009
I’ve gotten some clarity over the past few days about Bible passages that have often troubled me: 1. I’ve often had problems with I John 2:9-11, which says that those claiming to be in the light while hating their fellow … Continue reading
I said yesterday that I would discuss how I Kings 8:15-29 interacts with II Samuel 7. This post is my meager attempt to do that, and I’ll be revisiting it as I prepare to write my paper. Yesterday’s post was … Continue reading
James L. Kugel and Rowan A. Greer, Early Biblical Interpretation, ed. Wayne A. Meeks (Philadelphia: Westminster, 1986) 92. Indeed, it is as if Ben Sira has read all three parts of Lev. 19:17 as a single exhortation: You shall not … Continue reading
I haven’t written for some time about my paper on II Samuel 7 and I Kings 8:1-30. I’ve been getting my other assignments done, some of which took me a very long time. But I hope I can get this … Continue reading
Last night, I was reading K.W. Leslie’s post on I John 1:6-7, entitled A relationship in the Light. He said the following about how Christians’ treatment of non-Christians compares with their treatment of Christians: This gets back to the usual … Continue reading