Top Posts & Pages
- Book Write-Up: Reading Buechner, by Jeffrey Munroe
- Carson on the Aorist, the Middle, Granville Sharp, and Colwell's Rule
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Book Write-Up: Martin Dies' Story, by Martin Dies
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Very Strange Bedfellows 7
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Does the Bible Have a Place in the Academic Discussion of Theology?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Margie Impert in Magnum, P.I.
- Book Write-Up: Patents and Invention (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 5:1-5
- Manufacturing Division: Is Black Lives Matter truly Marxist or a front for the ruling elite? — Adara Press
- Book Write-Up: How the Republican Party Became Pro-Life (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 4
- How I Changed My Mind about Trump
- Book Write-Up: The Gravediggers, by Phyllis Schlafly
- Church Write-Up: Romans 2-3
- Book Write-Up: Pornography’s Victims (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 1-2 and Hope
Daily Archives: August 10, 2009
I’ve gotten some clarity over the past few days about Bible passages that have often troubled me: 1. I’ve often had problems with I John 2:9-11, which says that those claiming to be in the light while hating their fellow … Continue reading
I said yesterday that I would discuss how I Kings 8:15-29 interacts with II Samuel 7. This post is my meager attempt to do that, and I’ll be revisiting it as I prepare to write my paper. Yesterday’s post was … Continue reading
James L. Kugel and Rowan A. Greer, Early Biblical Interpretation, ed. Wayne A. Meeks (Philadelphia: Westminster, 1986) 92. Indeed, it is as if Ben Sira has read all three parts of Lev. 19:17 as a single exhortation: You shall not … Continue reading
I haven’t written for some time about my paper on II Samuel 7 and I Kings 8:1-30. I’ve been getting my other assignments done, some of which took me a very long time. But I hope I can get this … Continue reading
Last night, I was reading K.W. Leslie’s post on I John 1:6-7, entitled A relationship in the Light. He said the following about how Christians’ treatment of non-Christians compares with their treatment of Christians: This gets back to the usual … Continue reading