Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Deism, Separation of Church and State
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The Church Fathers Wrestle with Jesus' Declaration of Ignorance (Matthew 24:36)
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Book Write-Up: Can Evangelicals Learn from World Religions?, by Gerald R. McDermott
- R.A. Torrey on the Sabbath and the Holy Spirit
- Peck on the My Lai Massacre
- Why the Sabbath Blogs?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Daily Archives: August 19, 2009
Robert Novak passed away today. I first encountered his name in the Indianapolis News. As a youngster, I read syndicated columnists, such as William F. Buckley and Evans and Novak. I usually didn’t detect a particular ideology when I read … Continue reading
Moshe Halbertal, People of the Book: Canon, Meaning, and Authority (Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1997) 43. Halbertal discusses charitable and not-so-charitable ways that interpreters have read the Hebrew Bible, and he quotes a Gnostic interpretation of Genesis 3:22 as an … Continue reading