Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- John and Realized Eschatology
- "Two Thousand Miles for a Five Minute Speech"
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Death Penalty
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Reactions to Sybil (2008)
- James D.L. Staunton, Relationships, Talents
- Church Write-Up: Midnight, Transformed, New Colossians Class
- Book Write-Up: Free to Choose, by Milton and Rose Friedman
- Book Write-Up: The Devil’s Chessboard, by David Talbot
- The Federalist: Georgia Confirms The Pre-Trump GOP Is Dead And Gone
- The Federalist: How The Free Market Can Protect And Preserve The Environment
- Christmas Services; Abuse of Power; The Real Extremists, the Far Left, by Billy James Hargis
- Jesus and the Jordan, Jesus the Nazarene, God’s Choice, Spiritual Practices of Jesus, Where the Right Went Wrong (Patrick J. Buchanan)
- Genesis 22; The Learning Cycle; A Republic, Not an Empire, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Jesus’s Theological Genealogies, Original Sin and the Fall, Enhancing Christian Life
- Why Unthankful?; the Vine Creates a Community; Romans 15-16; How to Read Daniel
Daily Archives: August 12, 2009
Check out the Patristics Carnival at Compliant Subversity (cool name for a blog!).
After my post on 500 Days of Summer, I thought more about the search for “the one,” or a “soul mate.” A lot of times, I feel American society is a moral cesspool, in which people have casual sex without … Continue reading
James L. Kugel and Rowan A. Greer, Early Biblical Interpretation, ed. Wayne A. Meeks (Philadelphia: Westminster, 1986) 122. The legislation of the fourth and fifth centuries protected the Jews but prohibited them from any real participation in the life of … Continue reading
I saw 500 Days of Summer today, at the suggestion of my therapist. It’s about a guy named Tom who meets a girl named Summer. Tom buys into all this “searching for your soul mate” jazz, while Summer is more … Continue reading
In II Samuel 7, God makes to David what appears to be an unconditional promise: God would grant David an everlasting dynasty, in that there would always be a Davidid sitting on the throne of Israel. If the Davidic monarch … Continue reading
Robert Lamberton, Homer the Theologian: Neoplatonist Allegorical Reading and the Growth of the Epic Tradition (Berkley and Los Angeles: University of California Press, 1986) 216-217. Proclus was a fifth century Neo-Platonist who treated Homer as an allegory. One problem many … Continue reading