Top Posts & Pages
- Book Write-Up: Reading Buechner, by Jeffrey Munroe
- Carson on the Aorist, the Middle, Granville Sharp, and Colwell's Rule
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Book Write-Up: Martin Dies' Story, by Martin Dies
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Very Strange Bedfellows 7
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Does the Bible Have a Place in the Academic Discussion of Theology?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Margie Impert in Magnum, P.I.
- Book Write-Up: Patents and Invention (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 5:1-5
- Manufacturing Division: Is Black Lives Matter truly Marxist or a front for the ruling elite? — Adara Press
- Book Write-Up: How the Republican Party Became Pro-Life (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 4
- How I Changed My Mind about Trump
- Book Write-Up: The Gravediggers, by Phyllis Schlafly
- Church Write-Up: Romans 2-3
- Book Write-Up: Pornography’s Victims (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 1-2 and Hope
Daily Archives: August 24, 2009
II Samuel 7 presents God’s covenant with David as unconditional: David’s dynasty will last forever, and, if his sons sin, God will discipline them, but he won’t remove his love from them, as he did with King Saul. But I … Continue reading
H.L. Strack and Gunter Stemberger, Introduction to the Talmud and Midrash: Second Edition, trans. and ed. Markus Bockmuehl (Minneapolis: Fortress, 1996) 138. Given today’s knowledge, it is no longer possible unequivocally to determine whether M [(the Mishnah)] was originally conceived … Continue reading
H.L. Strack and Gunter Stemberger, Introduction to the Talmud and Midrash: Second Edition, trans. and ed. Markus Bockmuehl (Minneapolis: Fortress, 1996) 63. ‘The Men of the Great Synagogue‘…in Abot 1.1-2 connect the time of the prophets with the Pharisaic movement, … Continue reading