Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- John and Realized Eschatology
- "Two Thousand Miles for a Five Minute Speech"
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Death Penalty
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Reactions to Sybil (2008)
- James D.L. Staunton, Relationships, Talents
- Church Write-Up: Midnight, Transformed, New Colossians Class
- Book Write-Up: Free to Choose, by Milton and Rose Friedman
- Book Write-Up: The Devil’s Chessboard, by David Talbot
- The Federalist: Georgia Confirms The Pre-Trump GOP Is Dead And Gone
- The Federalist: How The Free Market Can Protect And Preserve The Environment
- Christmas Services; Abuse of Power; The Real Extremists, the Far Left, by Billy James Hargis
- Jesus and the Jordan, Jesus the Nazarene, God’s Choice, Spiritual Practices of Jesus, Where the Right Went Wrong (Patrick J. Buchanan)
- Genesis 22; The Learning Cycle; A Republic, Not an Empire, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Jesus’s Theological Genealogies, Original Sin and the Fall, Enhancing Christian Life
- Why Unthankful?; the Vine Creates a Community; Romans 15-16; How to Read Daniel
Daily Archives: August 17, 2009
Here are some things on my agenda this week for my paper on II Samuel 7, I Kings 8:1-30, and the Deuteronomist additions to those passages. I may or may not write blog-posts about them, but I’m just listing these … Continue reading
Moshe Halbertal, People of the Book: Canon, Meaning, and Authority (Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1997) 8. A third aspect of text-centeredness is that the text itself becomes a locus of religious experience. The text serves not only to report sacred … Continue reading
There are times when I read K.W. Leslie’s Fuller Understanding blog and applaud it. There are also times when I grumble against it. And then there are times when he hits me with such a new way of looking at … Continue reading
James L. Kugel and Rowan A. Greer, Early Biblical Interpretation, ed. Wayne A. Meeks (Philadelphia: Westminster, 1986) 198. What Augustine means is that the fundamental touchstone for validity in interpreting Scripture is the rule of charity, the love of God … Continue reading