Top Posts & Pages
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- About Me
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: September 12, 2010
Ramblings on Questioning God
At Latin mass this morning, the priest said that questioning God on account of the bad things in life is “proud”, and he told us that God may send us afflictions to bring us closer to him. That reminded me … Continue reading
Final Gems from Sommer; A Surprising Choice?; Filling in the Gap
1. I finished Benjamin Sommer’s A Prophet Reads Scripture: Allusion in Isaiah 40-66. There was a lot of interesting stuff in today’s reading, which was in the Endnotes. Here are two of the topics: a. There was a belief in Second … Continue reading
Contra Autonomy; Northern Prophetic Writer; Bad Farm Subsidies!
1. In my reading today of In the Beginning, Henri Blocher says that Adam and Eve were ashamed of their nakedness and covered themselves with leaves after their sin because their sexual organs reminded them of their insufficiency by themselves—that … Continue reading