Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Death Penalty
- Chaos in Chapter 26 of The Stand
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Category Archives: Theodicy
Brian Han Gregg. What Does the Bible Say About Suffering? Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to buy the book. Brian Han Gregg has a Ph.D. from Notre Dame and teaches biblical studies at the University of Sioux Falls … Continue reading
Jacqueline A. Bussie. Outlaw Christian: Finding Authentic Faith by Breaking the “Rules.” Nashville: Nelson Books, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Jacqueline A. Bussie teaches theology and religion at Concordia College. In Outlaw Christian: Finding Authentic Faith by Breaking … Continue reading
Kevin Tewes. Answering Christianity’s Most Difficult Question—-Why God Allows Us to Suffer: The Definitive Solution to the Problem of Pain and the Problem of Evil. Chapel Hill: Triune Publishing Group, 2015. See here to purchase the book. The “About the … Continue reading
Is God right just because God knows more than we do? That question entered my mind years ago when I was reading the Book of Job in the Bible. And it entered my mind recently when I was going through … Continue reading
Randy Alcorn. If God Is Good: Faith in the Midst of Suffering and Evil. Colorado Springs: Multnomah, 2009. See here to buy the book. If God Is Good is about how Christians can interact with the problem of suffering. This … Continue reading
Thomas Jay Oord. The Uncontrolling Love of God: An Open and Relational Account of Providence. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2015. See here to purchase the book. If there is a loving, omnipotent God, why is there evil in the world? … Continue reading