Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Christmas Wish
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Book Write-Up: UnClobber, by Colby Martin
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: Worthy Is the Lamb, by Ray Summers
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Book Write-Up: At Work Within, by Rick Osborne
- Thanksgiving, the Problem of Evil, and Eschatological Hope
- Open Forest: Anxiety Month
- Mesothelioma: Virgil’s Story
- Book Write-Up: The Prayer God Loves to Answer
- Remember the forgotten, and keep friendships in repair.
- Current Events Write-Up: Castro, Trump’s Cabinet, Etc.
- Book Write-Up: A Little Book for New Philosophers, by Paul Copan
- Book Write-Up: The Gospel on the Margins, by Michael J. Kok
- Jonah, the Important Things in Life,and Being Part of Something Larger, with a Mark Driscoll Detour Thrown into the Mix
Category Archives: Atheism
Paul Copan. A Little Book for New Philosophers: Why and How to Study Philosophy. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Paul Copan teaches philosophy at Palm Beach Atlantic University. As the subtitle of this book … Continue reading
Michael R. Licona. The Resurrection of Jesus: A New Historiographical Approach. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2010. See here to purchase the book. Michael R. Licona has a Ph.D. from the University of Pretoria and has taught at Houston Baptist Seminary. … Continue reading
Peter Bussey. Signposts to God: How Modern Physics and Astronomy Point the Way to Belief. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Peter Bussey is a particle physicist with a Ph.D. from Cambridge. In Signposts to … Continue reading
Janette Oke and Laurel Oke Logan. Where Hope Prevails. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 2016. See here to buy the book. Where Hope Prevails is the third book of the “Return to the Canadian West” series. The series is about a … Continue reading
I visited two churches last Sunday. I will write about one service today, and the other service tomorrow. The first church that I visited last Sunday had a guest speaker, since the pastor was away. This person belongs to the … Continue reading
Christianity has long regarded Christian miracles as signs that the Christian religion is true: God, through the miracle, is authenticating to people the truth of the Christian religion. Yet, there appears to be some acknowledgment within the Old and New … Continue reading
Rice Broocks. Man, Myth, Messiah: Answering History’s Greatest Question. Nashville: W Publishing Group (an Imprint of Thomas Nelson), 2016. See here to buy the book. Rice Broocks wrote the apologetic book, God’s Not Dead, which was the inspiration for the … Continue reading