Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Julie Nixon Eisenhower's Pat Nixon: The Untold Story 6
- Elisha ben Abuya: Apostate!
- The Silent Scream, and Planned Parenthood's Response
- Moses' Uncircumcised Lips, Emotional Yet Recited Prayer
- I Chronicles 18
- Interesting Discussions in Christine Hayes' Gentile Impurities and Jewish Identities
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Resentment and Persevering Love
- Sunday Quote: Activist Jean Vanier on loneliness and the revolt against injustice
- Book Write-Up: One Church, Many Tribes, by Richard Twiss
- Book Write-Up: Keynes Hayek, by Nicholas Wapshott
- A Sinister Pious Fraud?
- Listening, Sharing, and Desiring Good for Oneself and Others
- Book Write-Up: God’s Other Children, by Bradley Malkovsky
- Cook-mythic annihilation
- Talking Like Evangelicals? Being Like Evangelicals?
- Book Write-Up: The Age of Atheists, by Peter Watson
Category Archives: Atheism
Peter Watson. The Age of Atheists: How We Have Sought to Live Since the Death of God. Simon and Schuster, 2014. See here to buy the book. There are many who believe that, without God or religion, there is a … Continue reading
I watched the 2014 movie, The Theory of Everything, last night. The movie is about theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking and his relationship with his wife (later ex-wife, but still friend), Jane. It starts from the time when he was a … Continue reading
Victor J. Stenger. God and the Folly of Faith: The Incompatibility of Science and Religion. Amherst: Prometheus, 2012. See here to buy the book. Victor Stenger was a particle physicist, a philosophy professor, and an atheist. Years ago, I checked … Continue reading
Robert M. Price. The Incredible Shrinking Son of Man: How Reliable Is the Gospel Tradition? Amherst, New York: Prometheus, 2003. See here to buy the book. Robert M. Price is often characterized as an atheist biblical scholar and a Christ … Continue reading
I finally saw the 2014 Christian movie God’s Not Dead (see the trailer here). I doubt that I can share all of my thoughts about the movie in one single post, so I may write more than one post about … Continue reading
Let me start by mentioning the three posts. 1. Beth Caplin, Dear Church, here is where you lose me. Beth talks about her disagreements with conservative Christians within the church, and how she has not been persuaded by the “answers” … Continue reading