January 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Andy Griffith Show: "Runaway Kid," and Moral Questions
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Book Write-Up: It's Very Simple, by Alan Stang
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Book Write-Up: The Love of God, by John C. Peckham
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
Category Archives: Atheism
I watched the 2016 Christian movie, God’s Not Dead 2, on Amazon last night. God’s Not Dead 2 is the sequel to the 2014 movie God’s Not Dead. Here are some items. In the course of my commentary, I will … Continue reading
Michael Rota. Taking Pascal’s Wager: Faith, Evidence and the Abundant Life. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Michael Rota teaches philosophy at the University of St. Thomas, which is in St. Paul, Minnesota. In Taking … Continue reading
Paul Copan. A Little Book for New Philosophers: Why and How to Study Philosophy. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Paul Copan teaches philosophy at Palm Beach Atlantic University. As the subtitle of this book … Continue reading
Michael R. Licona. The Resurrection of Jesus: A New Historiographical Approach. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2010. See here to purchase the book. Michael R. Licona has a Ph.D. from the University of Pretoria and has taught at Houston Baptist Seminary. … Continue reading
Peter Bussey. Signposts to God: How Modern Physics and Astronomy Point the Way to Belief. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Peter Bussey is a particle physicist with a Ph.D. from Cambridge. In Signposts to … Continue reading
Janette Oke and Laurel Oke Logan. Where Hope Prevails. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 2016. See here to buy the book. Where Hope Prevails is the third book of the “Return to the Canadian West” series. The series is about a … Continue reading
I visited two churches last Sunday. I will write about one service today, and the other service tomorrow. The first church that I visited last Sunday had a guest speaker, since the pastor was away. This person belongs to the … Continue reading
Christianity has long regarded Christian miracles as signs that the Christian religion is true: God, through the miracle, is authenticating to people the truth of the Christian religion. Yet, there appears to be some acknowledgment within the Old and New … Continue reading
Rice Broocks. Man, Myth, Messiah: Answering History’s Greatest Question. Nashville: W Publishing Group (an Imprint of Thomas Nelson), 2016. See here to buy the book. Rice Broocks wrote the apologetic book, God’s Not Dead, which was the inspiration for the … Continue reading