Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- The Death Penalty
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- I Watched Gandhi Last Night
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Category Archives: Asperger’s
The pastor at one of the churches that I attended last Sunday was talking about finding one’s calling. He said that we should be who God made us today rather than trying to be somebody else. The pastor appealed to … Continue reading
I watched the 2016 Christian movie, God’s Not Dead 2, on Amazon last night. God’s Not Dead 2 is the sequel to the 2014 movie God’s Not Dead. Here are some items. In the course of my commentary, I will … Continue reading
Angela H. Reed, Richard R. Osmer, and Marcus G. Smucker. Spiritual Companioning: A Guide to Protestant Theology and Practice. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2015. See here to purchase the book. Spiritual Companioning is about both one-on-one spiritual relationships and also … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor’s Scriptural text was Mark 1:14-20, in which Peter, Andrew, James, and John left the fishing business to follow Jesus and fish for people. The pastor was saying that we all have to make this … Continue reading
Michael Mott. The Seven Mountains of Thomas Merton. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, 1984. Thomas Merton (January 31, 1915 – December 10, 1968) was a Trappist monk and a prolific author. The Seven Mountains of Thomas Merton is a comprehensive biography … Continue reading
Pope Francis. The Joy of the Gospel: Evangelii Gaudium. New York: Image, 2013, 2014. See here to purchase the book. The Joy of the Gospel is primarily about evangelism. For Pope Francis, this includes sharing one’s faith about God’s love … Continue reading