Top Posts & Pages
- Book Write-Up: Reading Buechner, by Jeffrey Munroe
- Carson on the Aorist, the Middle, Granville Sharp, and Colwell's Rule
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Book Write-Up: Martin Dies' Story, by Martin Dies
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Very Strange Bedfellows 7
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Does the Bible Have a Place in the Academic Discussion of Theology?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Margie Impert in Magnum, P.I.
- Book Write-Up: Patents and Invention (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 5:1-5
- Manufacturing Division: Is Black Lives Matter truly Marxist or a front for the ruling elite? — Adara Press
- Book Write-Up: How the Republican Party Became Pro-Life (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 4
- How I Changed My Mind about Trump
- Book Write-Up: The Gravediggers, by Phyllis Schlafly
- Church Write-Up: Romans 2-3
- Book Write-Up: Pornography’s Victims (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 1-2 and Hope
Category Archives: Atheism
I listened to another Nick Peters’ podcast last night. This one was from November 2, 2013. It was with David Wood, and it concerned the problem of evil: the question of whether the existence of evil is compatible with the … Continue reading
I went to my church’s small group last Thursday. This fall, we are going through Robert Morris’ The God I Never Knew: How Real Friendship with the Holy Spirit Can Change Your Life. We read a part of the book … Continue reading
Robert M. Price. The Reason Driven Life: What Am I Here On Earth For? Amherst, New York: Prometheus Books, 2006. See here to buy the book. Robert M. Price is often characterized as an atheist biblical scholar. The Reason Driven … Continue reading
Peter Watson. The Age of Atheists: How We Have Sought to Live Since the Death of God. Simon and Schuster, 2014. See here to buy the book. There are many who believe that, without God or religion, there is a … Continue reading
I watched the 2014 movie, The Theory of Everything, last night. The movie is about theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking and his relationship with his wife (later ex-wife, but still friend), Jane. It starts from the time when he was a … Continue reading
Victor J. Stenger. God and the Folly of Faith: The Incompatibility of Science and Religion. Amherst: Prometheus, 2012. See here to buy the book. Victor Stenger was a particle physicist, a philosophy professor, and an atheist. Years ago, I checked … Continue reading
Robert M. Price. The Incredible Shrinking Son of Man: How Reliable Is the Gospel Tradition? Amherst, New York: Prometheus, 2003. See here to buy the book. Robert M. Price is often characterized as an atheist biblical scholar and a Christ … Continue reading
I finally saw the 2014 Christian movie God’s Not Dead (see the trailer here). I doubt that I can share all of my thoughts about the movie in one single post, so I may write more than one post about … Continue reading
Let me start by mentioning the three posts. 1. Beth Caplin, Dear Church, here is where you lose me. Beth talks about her disagreements with conservative Christians within the church, and how she has not been persuaded by the “answers” … Continue reading