Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Ehud: Reluctant Zealot or Idolater?
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Authorial Third Person Narration–in Thucydides, Josephus, Xenophon, and Caesar–Versus the Gospel of Matthew — Κέλσος
- Ha-Olam in the Heart
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Is God Fair in the Book of Job?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: September 21, 2010
Joab and Gedaliah?; Neusner and the Hillel and Shammai Passages
1. In my reading today of The Surprising Election and Confirmation of King David, Randall Short discusses the murder of Abner in II Samuel. Randall acknowledges that the narrative—“in the reported speech of David and in the words of the … Continue reading