Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Music in The Stand
- The Pagan Sailors' Religious Beliefs in Jonah 1
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Book Write-Up: The Abomination of Desolation in Biblical Eschatology
- Beale's Amillennialism Contra N.T. Wright
- Christian Actors
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Church Write-Up: Romans 8:14-30 and Forgiveness
- Book Write-Up: Suicide of a Superpower, State of Emergency, Day of Reckoning (Patrick J. Buchanan)
- The Insulted Soldiers Hoax
- Book Write-Ups: Libido Dominandi, The Jewish Revolutionary Spirit (E. Michael Jones)
- Romans 7-8 and Review of Discerning Ethics
- Book Write-Up: Churchill, Hitler, and the Unnecessary War, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Church Write-Up: Baptism and Love
- Book Write-Up: Republican Women, Divided We Stand
- Church Write-Up about Romans 5-6, Tension, and Witnessing, and Book Write-Up about the IVP Reformation Commentary on Joshua, Judges, and Ruth
- Book Write-Ups: Strike from Space, Ambush at Vladivostok (Phyllis Schlafly)
Tag Archives: Thomas Nelson
Amy Clipston, Kathleen Fuller, Kelly Irvin, and Vanetta Chapman. An Amish Market: Four Novellas. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2015. See here to buy the book. An Amish Market is a collection of four novellas about the Amish. The first three of … Continue reading
Matthew Barnett. Misfits Welcome: Find Yourself in Jesus and Bring the World Along for the Ride. Nelson Books (An Imprint of Thomas Nelson), 2014. Matthew Barnett is a pastor in Los Angeles, California. He also pastors the Dream Center there, … Continue reading
Jay Milbrandt. The Daring Heart of David Livingstone: Exile, African Slavery, and the Publicity Stunt that Saved Millions. Nashville: Nelson Books (An Imprint of Thomas Nelson), 2014. David Livingstone was a nineteenth century English explorer and missionary. The Daring Heart … Continue reading
Todd and Erin Stevens. How to Pick Up a Stripper, and Other Acts of Kindness: Serving People Just as They Are. Thomas Nelson, 2014. Todd Stevens is pastor of Friendship Community Church, which is known for its outreach to the … Continue reading
Tim LaHaye and Timothy E. Parker. The Book of Revelation Made Clear: A Down-to-Earth Guide to Understanding the Most Mysterious Book of the Bible. Nashville: Nelson Books (An Imprint of Thomas Nelson), 2014. Tim LaHaye is a Christian author. Timothy … Continue reading
Billy Coffey. The Devil Walks in Mattingly. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2014. Jake Barnett is the sheriff in Mattingly, and his wife, Kate, does good deeds for the local poor. Both are racked with guilt because they feel responsible for the … Continue reading
William Sirls. The Sinners’ Garden. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2013. The Sinners’ Garden is about broken people being healed, supernatural phenomena, and mystery. The strongest feature of this book is its characterization. There is Andy Kemp, a reclusive, moody teen with … Continue reading