Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Church Write-Up: The Need for Salvation and Psalm 130
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Eusebius and the Law
- Does the Bible Have a Place in the Academic Discussion of Theology?
- Ishmael on Hagar's Back
- Soulen-clearing the way for a better story
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Lactantius the Proto-Pelagian?
- Book Write-Up: Mindszenty the Man, The Conservative Case for Trump (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Current Events Write-Up: Conservative Diversity on Human Depravity, Roberts Abortion Decision, Trump’s One-Sided China Trade Deal, Revolt, The Right to Bear Cannons, Environmentalist Infighting, Korea
- Church Write-Up: Does God Find Us Attractive?
- Book Write-Up: The Death of the West, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Book Write-Up: The Story Retold, by G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd
- Booknotes: Liberal Fascism, Ship of Fools, McCarthy and His Enemies
- Book Write-Up: The Betrayers, Who Killed the American Family (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 150 and Christian Sanctification
- Phyllis Schlafly Oral History Project; Equal Pay for UNequal Work
- Current Events Write-Up: Ann Coulter on Confederate Monuments, a Third Way on Religious and LGBT Rights, Waco Regrets
Tag Archives: Television
I’ve been watching the TV series Firefly, which was on for one season in 2002-2003. It is science fiction. Although it was only on for one season (plus a movie was made to wrap up the story), it gained a … Continue reading
A few nights ago, I watched The O.J. Simpson Story, a 1995 made-for-TV movie about O.J. Simpson. Last night, I watched the Emmy-nominated episode “Five-O” of the series Better Call Saul, which is a spin-off of the popular Breaking Bad … Continue reading
I’m putting this here so I’ll have ready access to it anytime I want a laugh! Frasier is asked to write a jingle for his radio show, and he goes overboard by hiring a full orchestra! YouTube – Frasier Orchestra … Continue reading
Here are some odds and ends for today: 1. I’m reading a book that Felix recommended a while back: Grand New Party (New York: Doubleday, 2008), by Ross Douthat and Reihan Salam. The book is not entirely what I anticipated. … Continue reading
This post continues my series on Cathleen Falsani’s Sin Boldly: A Field Guide for Grace (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2008). The topic for today is goodness. When Cathleen Falsani was in Africa, she met a little boy named Vasco, who had … Continue reading
I’m watching Keith Olbermann right now, and he’s showing Sean Penn saying that supporters of Prop 8 should “reflect” on the hatred they are causing. Excuse me?!!! What about the hatred that opponents of Prop 8 have demonstrated? Oh, but … Continue reading
I will be rooting for Slumdog Millionaire tonight, since it has a cast of virtual unknowns. I tend to root for the underdog! And isn’t it ironic that the characters in the movie were underdogs–people who won a millionaire game, … Continue reading
I watched the 2008 remake of Sybil last night (for background, see here). Here are some reactions: 1. At the beginning of the movie, we are told that a discovery was made in 1998 at the home of Shirley Ardell … Continue reading