May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The Hour Is Come!
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: Tax Cuts
Book Write-Up: Keynes Hayek, by Nicholas Wapshott
Nicholas Wapshott. Keynes Hayek: The Clash That Defined Modern Economics. New York and London: W.W. Norton and Company, 2011. See here to buy the book. John Maynard Keynes and Friedrich Hayek were economists who profoundly impacted the twentieth century, and … Continue reading
Posted in Economics, George W. Bush, Political Philosophy, Politics, Ronald Reagan Tagged Ayn Rand, conservatism, deficit spending, economics, Franklin Roosevelt, Friedrich Hayek, George W. Bush, John F. Kennedy, John Maynard Keynes, Keynes Hayek, Keynesianism, libertarianism, Margaret Thatcher, Milton Friedman, Nicholas Wapshott, Road to Serfdom, ronald reagan, Tax Cuts 2 Comments
Al Gore’s Earth in the Balance 12: Ideological Flexibility
For my write-up today on Earth in the Balance: Ecology and the Human Spirit, I’ll use as my starting point something that Al Gore says on pages 348-349: “To most of us, the principle sounds unassailable: let the polluter pay. … Continue reading
Posted in Candidates, Environment, Political Philosophy, Politics Tagged 1992 Vice-Presidential Debate, Al Gore, Earth in the Balance, recycling, Tax Cuts Comments Off on Al Gore’s Earth in the Balance 12: Ideological Flexibility
Bruce Bartlett’s The New American Economy 7: Europe, and Concluding Thoughts
I finished Bruce Bartlett’s The New American Economy: The Failure of Reaganomics and a New Way Forward. In my latest reading, Bartlett continued to promote the Value Added Tax (VAT) as a way for the federal government to raise revenue … Continue reading
Posted in Economics, George W. Bush, Health Care, Political Philosophy, Politics, Ronald Reagan Tagged Bruce Bartlett, economy, George W. Bush, ronald reagan, Supply-Side, Tax Cuts 2 Comments