May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The Hour Is Come!
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: Talmud
Nullified Laws and the Rabbis: The Death Penalty and the Prophet
In this post, I would like to post a couple of items on the belief within rabbinic Judaism that certain commands in the Torah could be nullified, or simply not applied. A commenter asked me about this topic yesterday (see … Continue reading
Who Was Nicodemus?
In my latest reading of Lee Harmon’s John’s Gospel: The Way It Happened, I learned about the view that the Nicodemus of John’s Gospel appears in Josephus and the Talmud. Lee refers to Josephus’ Jewish War 2.451, Babylonian Talmud Taanit … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, John's Gospel: The Way It Happened, Lee Harmon, Rabbinics, Religion Tagged Craig Blomberg, Greek, Hebrew, Josephus, Nicodemus, Richard Bauckham, Talmud Comments Off on Who Was Nicodemus?