Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Roman Centurion
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan"
- Universalism (or a Second Chance) in Revelation?
- Amos 6:10
- Martha, the Light, and Exodus Old and New
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
Tag Archives: spirituality
The theme at church this morning was repentance and forgiveness. I’m not always sure how to respond to that particular theme. I’m told that I need to believe in Jesus to be saved. Do I truly believe in Jesus? How … Continue reading
I watched Life of Pi last night, and I rewatched parts of it this morning. Life of Pi was a reward-winning movie that was released in 2012, and it is based on a 2001 book by Yann Martel. It is … Continue reading
At church this morning, we sang the hymn “Great Is Thy Faithfulness.” One of the lines of that song is “Morning by morning new mercies I see.” The song is based on Lamentations 3:22-23, which states (in the King James … Continue reading
My pastor’s sermon at church this morning was one of my favorites that I have heard him deliver. (I talk about my favorite sermon of his in my post here.) It was entitled, “It Doesn’t Have to be That Way.” … Continue reading
At church this morning, I enjoyed reading the lyrics of the hymn, “I Come with Joy”, which we sang for communion. Here are two stanzas that particularly stood out to me, along with my comments. “As Christ breaks bread and … Continue reading
At church this morning, we celebrated Jesus’ ascension to heaven after his resurrection. The pastor said that Jesus’ ascension teaches us three points: that Christ’s work on earth is finished, that Christ is in heaven interceding for believers before God … Continue reading
The topic at church this morning was peace, meaning inner peace. The pastor in his sermon was saying that peace is not people avoiding unpleasant situations. That reminded me of a sermon that Martin Luther King, Jr. gave, which is … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Further Along the Road Less Traveled: The Unending Journey Toward Spiritual Growth, M. Scott Peck discussed four stages of spiritual growth. Stage One is called “chaotic/antisocial” and it is a selfish stage, in which people … Continue reading