October 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- N.T. Wright on the Virgin Birth
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Tucker's 5/17/2022 Monologue
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- A Wind in the Door
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Tag Archives: society
I finished Season 1 of Aaron Sorkin’s The Newsroom last night. I have two reactions, both of which are about the last episode of Season 1, entitled “The Greater Fool.” 1. Will McAvoy is a news anchor, who has recently … Continue reading
I was watching ABC This Week (see the transcript for today’s program here). I liked what Matthew Dowd said in response to Republican Congressman Peter King’s statement that “we have to look at the consequences of changing a 2,000 year … Continue reading
To be honest, I’m usually turned off when Christians talk about love. Why? There are a variety of reasons. First, my religious background, Armstrongism, tended to mock sentimental Protestants who went on about “love”. Second, I do not consider many … Continue reading
At church this morning, a lady who works at a domestic violence shelter spoke to us. She was telling us about her uncomfortable experiences of trying to raise money for the shelter, when potential donors ask her what the outcome … Continue reading
This will be a rambling post about the abortion issue. I’ll accept comments, as long as they address the points that I discuss and refrain from abusive or ad hominem attacks. I came across a YouTube video that was from … Continue reading
This will be a rambling post. In a sense, I can identify with the companies that have pulled their sponsorship from Rush Limbaugh’s radio program. These companies support such values as civility and respect for people, and they do not … Continue reading