May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The Hour Is Come!
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: sermon
Drawing Back from a God of Unconditional Love?
At church this morning, the pastor’s sermon was about God being a God of relationship. The pastor said that God was sufficient in himself, but God’s love overflowed, as God created human beings to have a loving relationship with them. … Continue reading
Not What He Expected!
I got a chuckle out of a story that I read on pages 155-156 of M. Scott Peck’s Further Along the Road Less Traveled: The Unending Journey Toward Spiritual Growth. A man came up to the minister after the church … Continue reading
Posted in Church, Humor, Religion Tagged Church, m scott peck, Religion, sermon, spiritual growth, unending journey 1 Comment
World Communion Sunday, and Rituals
At church this morning, it was World Communion Sunday. The pastor preached about how God reaches out to human beings through the ritual of communion. I think that he was essentially saying the same sort of thing that I’ve heard … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Religion Tagged Armstrongite, atonement, Church, communion, day of atonement, everyday basis, fasting, pastor, personal inventory, relationship with god, Religion, rituals, sermon, spirituality, theology, World Communion Sunday Comments Off on World Communion Sunday, and Rituals
At church this morning, the sermon was about how we can find comfort from Jesus, who wants to free us from fear, and how we should try to bring comfort to others. As the pastor said, one way to comfort … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Job, Religion Tagged book of job, christianity, jesus, Religion, sermon, spirituality Comments Off on Miserable Comforters!
Compassion for the Prisoner
At church this morning, the pastor opened his sermon by telling a story about an old lady who helped an ex-convict when he got out of jail. She put him in touch with people who assisted him in finding a … Continue reading
Posted in Church Tagged ex convict, ex convicts, felons, finding a job, old lady, sermon Comments Off on Compassion for the Prisoner