Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Review of the Apologetics of West and Littleton (and Rogers)
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- No Man is an Island by Thomas Merton, book review
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Gabe Dimas and C.S. Lewis
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Book Write-Up: The Character of God, by Jonathan G. East
- Church Write-Up: Vocation, the Greatest Commandment, Love
- Requiem for a Lightweight: the Mayor Pete Factor — CounterPunch.org
- Not Hopeful
- The Trump Rally
- Book Write-Up: Emotional Intelligence, by Diane Weston
- How to Get Your Readers to Pay Attention
- Eloquence — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: Jesus as Revelation, When the Disciples Became Cleansed, Initiative
- Choosing a Candidate: Elizabeth Warren for President!
Tag Archives: ronald reagan
Nicholas Wapshott. Keynes Hayek: The Clash That Defined Modern Economics. New York and London: W.W. Norton and Company, 2011. See here to buy the book. John Maynard Keynes and Friedrich Hayek were economists who profoundly impacted the twentieth century, and … Continue reading
David L. Holmes. The Faiths of the Postwar Presidents: From Truman to Obama. Athens, Georgia: University of Georgia Press, 2012. See here to buy the book. David L. Holmes teaches religious studies at the College of William and Mary. About … Continue reading
James Brady has passed on. Brady was President Ronald Reagan’s press secretary, who was paralyzed as a result of John Hinkley’s assassination attempt on the President. Brady and his wife, Sarah, became activists for gun control. I watched a movie … Continue reading
I was watching ABC This Week this afternoon. (It’s on in the morning, but I tape it while I am at church, then I watch it in the afternoon.) The topic at the beginning of the episode was Nelson Mandela, … Continue reading
I have three items for my write-up today on Tricky Dick and the Pink Lady: Richard Nixon vs. Helen Gahagan Douglas—-Sexual Politics and the Red Scare, 1950, a book about Richard Nixon’s 1950 race for the U.S. Senate against Democrat … Continue reading
My latest reading of Stephen Ambrose’s Nixon: The Education of a Politician covered Vice-President Richard Nixon’s visit to the Soviet Union, as well as advice that Nixon received from prominent figures about strategy for his 1960 run for President. Ambrose … Continue reading
I finished Bruce Bartlett’s The New American Economy: The Failure of Reaganomics and a New Way Forward. In my latest reading, Bartlett continued to promote the Value Added Tax (VAT) as a way for the federal government to raise revenue … Continue reading