May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The Hour Is Come!
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: relationship with god
Book Write-Up: Farewell to God, by Charles Templeton
Charles Templeton. Farewell to God: My Reasons for Rejecting the Christian Faith. Toronto: McClelland & Stewart, 1996. Charles Templeton was a Christian evangelist and a close friend to Billy Graham. Templeton left the Christian faith and became an agnostic. In … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Religion Tagged Charles Templeton, Christian, Christian evangelist, relationship with god, Templeton 1 Comment
Hyper-Grace, and Are Relationships with God Like Human Relationships?
I was watching a couple of YouTube videos yesterday. They were about the Hyper-grace movement. I blogged about that a few days ago. See here. In that particular link, I talk about Michael Brown’s criticism of the Hyper-grace movement. Dr. … Continue reading
Posted in Religion Tagged American Wayne, Michael Brown, relationship with god 1 Comment
Departing from Serving the Lord?
I had an interesting discussion before church this morning. Someone was walking into the church, and he said to the ushers that he went to church for fifty years, and he was tired of serving. The lady sitting in front … Continue reading
Posted in Church, Religion Tagged relationship with god 2 Comments
Drawing Back from a God of Unconditional Love?
At church this morning, the pastor’s sermon was about God being a God of relationship. The pastor said that God was sufficient in himself, but God’s love overflowed, as God created human beings to have a loving relationship with them. … Continue reading
World Communion Sunday, and Rituals
At church this morning, it was World Communion Sunday. The pastor preached about how God reaches out to human beings through the ritual of communion. I think that he was essentially saying the same sort of thing that I’ve heard … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Religion Tagged Armstrongite, atonement, Church, communion, day of atonement, everyday basis, fasting, pastor, personal inventory, relationship with god, Religion, rituals, sermon, spirituality, theology, World Communion Sunday Comments Off on World Communion Sunday, and Rituals