May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The Hour Is Come!
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: quotes
I was watching ABC This Week (see the transcript for today’s program here). I liked what Matthew Dowd said in response to Republican Congressman Peter King’s statement that “we have to look at the consequences of changing a 2,000 year … Continue reading
Posted in Current Events, Television Tagged community, opinion, Politics, quotes, society Comments Off on Institutions Evolve!
Ceremony, Structure, and Mindfulness
On pages 211-212 of Circle of Life: Traditional Teachings of Native American Elders, James David Audlin talks about the importance of ceremony: “Among traditional peoples worldwide, the philosophy is, as one Grandmother put it to me: ‘Let everything you do … Continue reading
Quote of the Day: Carson T. Clark on Christian Apologetics
In a recent post, moderate blogger Carson T. Clark characterizes a lot of Christian apologetics as follows: “Generally speaking I can’t stand the self-assuredness, snooty condescension, intellectual pride, defensive posturing, offensive aggression, judgmental tenor, graceless attitude, petty one-upmanship, scriptural proof-texting, … Continue reading
Posted in Apologetics, Intelligent Quotes, Religion Tagged academic format, christian apologetics, quotes, Religion, theology Comments Off on Quote of the Day: Carson T. Clark on Christian Apologetics
A Jewish Perspective on What God Does All Day
A while back, I wrote a post that touched on the issue of what God does all day. According to Plato, God contemplates the forms, which are ideals in heaven of which earthly things and principles are imperfect representations. Examples … Continue reading
Posted in Rabbinics, Religion Tagged concepts of justice, jewish perspective, Politics, quotes, Religion, spirituality Comments Off on A Jewish Perspective on What God Does All Day
Dispelling the Gloom of Evil with Good Deeds
At church this morning, the liturgy described God as one who “dispels the gloom of evil with deeds that are good.” In my opinion, God sometimes does this himself, though many of us (including myself) wish he’d do so more … Continue reading
Posted in Church, Religion Tagged good deeds, hands and feet, Politics, quotes, Religion, spirituality Comments Off on Dispelling the Gloom of Evil with Good Deeds