Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- About Me
- The Alleged 1544 Copy Error
- More on the Alleged 1544 Copy Error
- Romans 14, Worship and the World to Come
- Romans 13 and Approaching the Atonement
- Romans 12:1-2
- Martha, the Light, and Exodus Old and New
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
Tag Archives: Philo
This will be somewhat of a rambling post, but not horribly rambling. I will start out with what Philo says about the Exodus in Special Laws II:217-219. Then, I will interact with a fictional book that I recently read about … Continue reading
I recently finished Philo’s Special Laws I for my daily quiet time. Yesterday, I moved on to Special Laws II. Philo was a first century C.E. Jewish thinker in Alexandria, Egypt. He interpreted the Torah in light of Greek philosophy. … Continue reading