Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- The Death Penalty
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Tag Archives: Paul
N.T. Wright. Justification: God’s Plan and Paul’s Vision. With a New Introduction. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to buy the book. This book is a 2016 reprint of N.T. Wright’s 2009 book on justification. It has a new … Continue reading
Michael Horton. God of Promise: Introducing Covenant Theology. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2006. I decided to check this book out of the library after reading a book about dispensationalism. Dispensationalism and Covenant Theology are rival ways of conceptualizing God’s purposes in … Continue reading
I read II Baruch recently for my daily quiet time. Scholar A.F.J. Klijn in my Charlesworth Pseudepigrapha dates II Baruch to the early second century C.E. It is a Jewish work. I have two items about II Baruch: one about … Continue reading
Dieter Georgi. The Opponents of Paul in Second Corinthians. Philadelphia: Fortress Press, 1986. This book is a 1986 English translation of Georgi’s 1964 work in German, with new epilogues in which Georgi clarifies and refines his positions. The book is … Continue reading