Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Tag Archives: pastor emeritus
At church this morning, the pastor emeritus prayed that God might grant our leaders wisdom as they made their decision about Syria. Unfortunately, what will probably happen is that the U.S. will bomb Syria, and civilians will die in the … Continue reading
At church this morning, we didn’t have a sermon. Rather, we sang a lot of hymns, and a congregant recited the poem, “What If Jesus Came to Your House?” The congregant actually recited this poem a couple of years ago, … Continue reading
At church this morning, I had an interesting discussion. The lady who was supposed to lead the liturgy part of the service today is away at a basketball game (which, if I’m not mistaken, is the state championship), and so … Continue reading
I went to my church’s Bible study group last night. We’re going through Romans: The Letter That Changed the World, With Mart De Haan and Jimmy DeYoung. I didn’t make last week’s Bible study because I was in Indiana for … Continue reading
At church this morning, the Pastor Emeritus conducted the service, since our Pastor is on vacation. In the children’s part of the service, the Pastor Emeritus was criticizing those who mock Tim Tebow for praying in public, when there are … Continue reading
At church this morning, the Pastor Emeritus spoke to us, since our regular pastor is still in Israel. The Pastor Emeritus spoke to us about Jesus’ parables. There were two parables that stood out to me. The first was the … Continue reading