June 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Top Posts & Pages
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- About Me
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: original intent
Clear and Present Dangers 12: Abortion and the Living, Breathing Constitution
In my latest reading of Clear and Present Dangers: A Conservative View of America’s Government (copyright 1975), M. Stanton Evans defended his objections to marijuana, pornography, abortion, and euthanasia. On pornography, Evans believes that local communities have the right to … Continue reading
Posted in Political Philosophy, Politics Tagged Abortion, Clear and Present, living breathing document, living Constitution, M. Stanton Evans, original intent, Roe v. Wade Comments Off on Clear and Present Dangers 12: Abortion and the Living, Breathing Constitution
Sheila Suess Kennedy: Republican in the ACLU 6
I finished Sheila Suess Kennedy’s What’s a Nice Republican Girl Like Me Doing in the ACLU? I have two items. 1. A significant theme in Kennedy’s book is the need for civility in political discussions. On page 164, Kennedy states: … Continue reading
Posted in Political Philosophy, Politics Tagged American Civil Liberties Union, Americans United for Separation of Church and State, Christian Coalition, Focus on the Family, living breathing document, original intent, originalism, People for the American Way, Ralph Reed, Sheila Suess Kennedy, strict constructionist, Tim Daly, What's a Nice Republican Girl Like Me Doing in the ACLU? Comments Off on Sheila Suess Kennedy: Republican in the ACLU 6