Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Roman Centurion
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan"
- Universalism (or a Second Chance) in Revelation?
- Amos 6:10
- Martha, the Light, and Exodus Old and New
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
Tag Archives: New Deal
In my post today about W.A. Swanberg’s Norman Thomas: The Last Idealist, I’ll talk about Socialist Norman Thomas’ views regarding President Franklin Roosevelt’s New Deal. This will probably not be the last time that I discuss Norman Thomas’ views on … Continue reading
For my write-up today on Stephen Ambrose’s Nixon: The Education of a Politician, I’d like to highlight Ambrose’s quotation on page 120 of something that Richard Nixon said in a speech when Nixon was running for Congress in 1946: “[Nixon] … Continue reading
My latest reading of Irwin Gellman’s The Contender: Richard Nixon, the Congress Years, 1946-1952 was about Richard Nixon’s 1946 campaign against Democratic congressman Jerry Voorhis for Voorhis’ congressional seat. My post tomorrow will look at the narratives about the campaign … Continue reading