May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The Hour Is Come!
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: new covenant
My Sermon Today—-The New Covenant: Already and Not Yet
I preached (or, actually, read) the sermon at my church this morning. I will post it here. It was helpful to me to write it because the process allowed me to clarify to myself what my religious and theological views … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Religion Tagged new covenant, Old Covenant 1 Comment
On Not Fasting This Year
In the past, I have fasted on the Day of Atonement, since I grew up in a version of Christianity in which people did so. For the past two years, however, I have not. And I am not fasting today. … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Holidays, Life, Movies, Religion, School, Television Tagged ancient israelites, covenant christian, day of atonement, new covenant, Religion, spiritual exercises 2 Comments
At church this morning, the pastor read to us from Eugene Petersen’s rendition of Romans 8 in The Message. You can read it here. The following passage especially stood out to me: “The law always ended up being used as … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Religion Tagged deep healing, new covenant, obedience to god, Religion, romans 8, theology 2 Comments