Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- The Death Penalty
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- I Watched Gandhi Last Night
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Tag Archives: Moody Publishers
Tessa Afshar. Harvest of Gold. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2013. See here to buy the book. Harvest of Gold is the sequel to Harvest of Rubies. Both books are about Sarah, a Jewish scribe in Persia, who is the cousin of … Continue reading
Roberta Kells Dorr. Abraham and Sarah. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 1995, 2014. See here for Moody’s page about the book. Abraham and Sarah is Roberta Kells Dorr’s telling of the story of Abraham, from Abraham’s time in Ur to the funeral … Continue reading
Darlene Franklin. A Ranger’s Trail. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2012. See here for Moody’s page about the book. A Ranger’s Trail is part of the Texas Trails series, also known as the Morgan Family Series. This series focuses on the Morgan … Continue reading
Susan Page Davis. Captive Trail. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2011. See here for Moody’s page about the book. Captive Trail is part of the Texas Trails series, also known as the Morgan Family Series. This series focuses on the Morgan family … Continue reading
Kevin Belmonte. D.L. Moody—-A Life: Innovator, Evangelist, World-Changer. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2014. See here for Moody Publisher’s page about this book. Dwight L. Moody was an influential Christian evangelist in the nineteenth century. He started schools, preached, and worked to … Continue reading
Norman L. Geisler and William E. Nix. From God to Us: How We Got Our Bible. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2012. See here for Moody’s page about this book. In From God to Us, Norman Geisler and William Nix talk about … Continue reading