June 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Shaman? Savior? Myth? Inkblot? --- Why Christianity's Main Man Remains So Elusive
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: minimum wage
Robert Reich’s I’ll Be Short 2: Solutions and Counter-productive Consequences
In my latest reading of I’ll Be Short: Essentials for a Decent Working Society, Robert Reich essentially addresses the issue of whether doing the right thing would have counter-productive consequences for businesses and workers. You hear from a number of … Continue reading
Posted in Economics, Political Philosophy, Politics Tagged conservatives, Earned Income Tax Credit, Family and Medical Leave, Federal Reserve, I'll Be Short, Left, Manufacturing, minimum wage, rick santorum, Robert Reich, unions, welfare, welfare reform Comments Off on Robert Reich’s I’ll Be Short 2: Solutions and Counter-productive Consequences
Robert Reich’s I’ll Be Short 1
I started Robert Reich’s 2002 book, I’ll Be Short: Essentials for a Decent Working Society. This book was published in the year that Reich was running for Governor of Massachusetts, as a Democrat. But Reich did not gain the Democratic … Continue reading
Posted in Economics, Political Philosophy, Politics Tagged disparities of wealth, Locked in the Cabinet, minimum wage, Robert Reich, unions Comments Off on Robert Reich’s I’ll Be Short 1