May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The Hour Is Come!
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Bible Study Week 1: Atonement, Alienating Attitudes
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: Maurice Casey
Lazarus and Osiris?
For my write-up today on Lee Harmon’s John’s Gospel: The Way It Happened, I’ll comment on Lee’s comparison of Jesus’ resurrection of Lazarus in John 11 with the ancient Egyptian story of Osiris. In John 11, Lazarus has two sisters … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, John's Gospel: The Way It Happened, Lee Harmon, Movies, Religion Tagged Acharya S, Bill Maher, c s lewis, Christ in Egypt, D.M. Murdock, Egypt, Freethought, Horus, Isis, John 11, Justin Martyr, Lazarus, Maurice Casey, Mythology, Nephthys, Osiris, Pyramid Texts, Religulous, Seth, Tertullian, wikipedia 1 Comment