May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The "We-Passages"
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: Martin Luther
Book Write-Up: Wittenberg vs. Geneva, by Brian W. Thomas
Brian W. Thomas. Wittenberg vs. Geneva: A Biblical Bout in Seven Rounds on the Doctrines that Divide. Irvine, CA: New Reformation Publications, 2015. See here to buy the book. I have long wondered what exactly the difference is between Lutheranism … Continue reading
Book Write-Up: Luther and Katharina, by Jody Hedlund
Jody Hedlund. Luther and Katharina: A Novel of Love and Rebellion. New York: Waterbrook Press, 2015. See here to buy the book. Martin Luther married a former nun, Katharina von Bora. Luther and Katharina is historical fiction about their relationship … Continue reading
Posted in History, Religion Tagged Katharina von Bora, Martin Luther Comments Off on Book Write-Up: Luther and Katharina, by Jody Hedlund
Book Write-Up: Scripture and Cosmology, by Kyle Greenwood
Kyle Greenwood. Scripture and Cosmology: Reading the Bible Between the Ancient World and Modern Science. Downers Grove: IVP Academic. See here to purchase the book. In Scripture and Cosmology: Reading the Bible Between the Ancient World and Modern Science, biblical … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Religion Tagged Aristotle, bible and science, cosmology, John Calvin, Kyle Greenwood, Martin Luther, the Fundamentals 5 Comments
Book Write-Up: The Christian Life, by Steven A. Hein
Steven A. Hein. The Christian Life: Cross or Glory? Irvine, California: New Reformation Publications, 2015. See here to purchase the book. In The Christian Life: Cross or Glory?, Stephen A. Hein presents his Lutheran view of the Christian life, as … Continue reading
Sermon on Luther
I gave my sermon at church this morning! Today is Reformation Sunday, so I preached about Martin Luther. I was really nervous before the sermon. Now that it’s over and done with, I’m not sure how I feel. Am I … Continue reading
Posted in Church, History, Religion, School Tagged Martin Luther 5 Comments