Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Steinmann on Archelaus, Antipas, and Herod's Death
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- About Me
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Book Write-Up: Good and Angry, by David Powlison
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Tag Archives: mark driscoll
Donald Miller. Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2003. I saw the movie Blue Like Jazz over a year ago (see here), so I was a bit reluctant to read the book. The movie … Continue reading
I was reading through blogger and pastor Morgan Guyton’s archives yesterday. There’s usually something in his posts that really resonates with me, whether or not I agree with everything he’s saying. It’s like he has had many of the same … Continue reading
For my write-up today on my church’s service this morning, I’ll use as my starting-point a question that was part of the service of installing a new deacon: “Will you be governed by our church’s polity, and will you abide … Continue reading
My church started its Fall Bible study yesterday. We’re going through A Fragile Stone, Peter: Jesus’ Friend. I’m having a hard time writing today. Maybe it’s because I’m tired after seeing Barack Obama do so poorly in last night’s debate. … Continue reading
I just listened to a Mark Driscoll sermon, and, much to my surprise, I actually liked it. That doesn’t mean that I agreed with everything that he said or how he said it, but overall, I found it encouraging, for … Continue reading
Slate has an article on church discipline at Mark Driscoll’s Mars Hill Church (see here for background and links). What is interesting in this article is that it contains the point-of-view of Justin Dean, the PR and marketing manager of … Continue reading
Here is a relatively balanced post on Mark Driscoll at Joel Watts’ blog, Unsettled Christianity. It’s by Josh, a doctoral student in sociology. I am definitely a part of the anti-Driscoll crowd that Josh discusses (even though I have occasionally … Continue reading
I’ve been enjoying Leslie Keeney’s posts on Joel Watts’ blog (see here), and so I was pleased to learn that she has her own blog, the ruthless monk. Leslie is a graduate student at Liberty University, where she is pursuing … Continue reading